Tuesday, January 5, 2010

See one, do one, teach one!

That’s basically how they do things here! AND I DID MY FIRST CESARIAN SECTION ON MY OWN!!! The 30th of December! It went really well. Dr. Nuwas was my assistant and he guided me really well... The baby was already dead in the uterus so there was not so much damage I could do to the baby. Sad story really, the mother had all together 5 babies but only 1 of them is alive. But it was very good practice. The head was far down since she tried to deliver vaginally but I managed to get it up nicely.

And this morning I did my second cesarian with my favorite "doctor" Zakaria! He really lets me do all kinds of things, will miss him alot! This baby was alive! And also this cesarian went well... I really love it! Its SO my thing! Obs and gyn here I come!

Will post a blog tomorrow about my safari to Tarangire and my new years eve celebration!! Stay tuned!

No comments: