Picture 1: Disgusting food at the marked.
Picture 2: Soda time at the marked!
Picture 3: The marked
Picture 4: Singing at the doctors-meeting
Another week is finished. Don’t think I will go to the hospital this weekend, really exhausted. Last few days hasn’t been that exciting at the hospital really. Just a bunch of cesarian sections. Now I have somehow ended up being in charge of the labour ward. Its ok and I learn a lot, but I really feel stuck there. I would rather spend my time in the operating theatre.
Thursday we went to a big marked 7 km outside town. Didn’t buy anything, but it was interesting to see. They sold a lot of used shooes and clothes, tobacco mixed with cowdirt and stone, grilled meet, maize-beer, cooked intestines with bloodsauce. Pretty nasty. There was even a Tanzanian woman that liked my legs so much that she wanted to touch them and marry me! I politely said no!
Yesterday I had dinner and drinks with 3 Tanzanians, Clement, Victor and Martina. Good food, good company! Can’t complain! After that I went for a beer with the Norwegians Vigdis and Magne. Good start of the weekend. Today me, Martina, Clement and Victor are supposed to go to Lake Basuto but the car we were supposed to borrow broke down. But now we got to borrow another one so I guess we will be on our way soon! Thank god I was exposed to some African Time in Hungary! (And then I am especially thinking about Enddie!!) If not it would have been hard for me here!
Other than that we are now practising our performance for Christmas. Every ward have their own thing they show at the Christmas celebration. And the doctors and clinical officers are singing a song and doing some dancemoves. So nowadays the morningmeeint consists of 10 minutes of information about newly admitted patients, and then 20 minutes of singing and dancing. This guy always comes in after a few minutes with this big ass keyboard on his shoulder and he starts playing this bad discobeat! And we have to sing, and we sing in 3 different groups with different tones. Its actually nice. The Tanzanians really can sing. I cant!
Sunday I am invited to a confirmation to a 16 year old boy. He is the son of one of the anesthesists in the operating theatre. Can be interessting! As long as I dont get any badly cooked goatmeat I am good to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment